Monday, May 20, 2013

Easy Cheveron Stitch




For those of you who know me and have purchased my patterns....you know I love to crochet.  I have been selling items and patterns for years, and decided I wanted to give back to the Crochet Community.  So here is a free Cheveron Stitch pattern. 
I have been looking for ages for an easy Chevron Stitch Tutorial.  Unfortunatley, I was never able to find one that suited me.  So I have combined lots of things I've learned and read, and came up with one of my own.  I know there are lots of different ways to create this stitch, but this one, I hope is easier to understand!!  Please excuse the video....it is my first.  So, please be gentle...:)  Hope you all enjoy it!!




Here is the Link to the YouTube video....
1 -  http://youtu.be/i-q-ZrgI01s
                                                                
2 - http://youtu.be/i6EMErT-4Ds
                                                                 
3 - http://youtu.be/AZ6xA9D6flY

Chevron Stitch

Chain in Multiples of 16.
(I find it easier to chain to 16, chain to 16 over and over until you reach the desired width.)
Then you add 2.
(Chain 2)

Row 1:  work 1 dc in 3rd chain from hook, and  1 dc in next 6 sts, 3 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 6 sts, 3dctog, * 1 dc in next 6 sts, 3 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 6 sts,  3dctog *  Repeat from ** all across until you have 2 sts left.(this is very important....you MUST have 2 sts left.  If you do not recheck your stitches and chain amount)
In the last 2 sts work 2dctog.  Turn
Row 2:  ch 2, skip first st(same as the chain 2)  work 1 dc in next 7 sts, 3dc in next st,  *1 dc in next 6 sts, next 3dctog, 1 dc in next 6 sts, 3 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 6 sts * Repeat from ** all across until you have 2 sts left. work next 2dctog.  Turn.

Repeat Row 2 until you have the desired length
Have Fun and Enjoy!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment